Jimmy Buffett had a net worth of $1 billion as of 2023, according to Forbes. He made $70 million each year through his music and multiple businesses. Buffett’s fortune comes from an array of sources. In this article, you will learn more about Jimmy Buffett net worth as well as what contributed to his wealth.
Jimmy Buffett net worth.
Buffett is a savvy businessman who had carefully handled his riches. He is also an active philanthropist, having donated millions of dollars to various charities.
However, until his death, sources, including Forbes, have estimated his wealth to be $1 billion. This is not shocking as Buffet is well-known to be a very hardworking and successful person.
Buffett has made enough money from licensing his name and image to a number of things, including clothes, household goods, and alcohol. He’s also the author of several novels, including the best-seller A Pirate Looks at Fifty.
Jimmy Buffett businesses that contributed to his net worth?
Following his death, fans and admirers all over the world want to know about his wealth. Many surf the internet trying to know how much the musician was worth, as well as the businesses he had managed.
Jimmy Buffett businesses in the United States are many. Some of these businesses are stated below:
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville: The company owns and manages hotels and a dining restaurant chain. Also, the firm runs retail stores that sell Jimmy Buffett–themed merchandise.
- Record Labels: The musician founded two record labels; Margaritaville Records and the Mailboat Records. He released everal albums under these labels.
- Real Estate: Buffett planned the Latitude Margaritaville retirement village which is a $1 billion project. The project is located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and is a joint venture between Buffett’s Margaritaville Holdings and Minto Community. As of 2021, the community is reported to have sold over 1,000 homes and will have 3,900 homes upon completion.
- Cannabis: Buffett teamed up with Beau Wrigley and Surterra Holdings, Inc. to licence a marijuana brand in 2018. The brand, Coral Reefer, went into sales shortly after.
- LandShark Lager: The musician and businessman launched a cooperative project with Anheuser-Busch brewing company in 2006. The project was to get the company to produce beer under the Margaritaville Brewing label called LandShark Lager. The beer becomes the house lager for the Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville’s restaurant chain.
- Margaritaville Casino: In May 2013, Buffett opened his casino at the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The center boasts of a restaurant, two bars, a coffee shop, and a gaming area. There is also a retail shop at the center.
- Video Games: Jimmy Buffett business ventures also include video games. In 2012, a Margaritaville Online game was released by a video games company, THQ. The game was released for Facebook, but just after two years, it was discontinued. Meanwhile, Buffett announced in 2016 that he had partnered with FunPlus to develop a new Margaritaville game.
With all these business ventures, the star was truly wealth a whooping $1 billion dollars.
Who was Jimmy Buffett?
James William Buffett was a singer-songwriter, musician, author, and businessman. He was most known for his music, which frequently depicted a “island escapism” way of life.
Jimmy passed away peacefully in late-night Friday, Sept. 1. According to her family, he died while “surrounded by his family, friends, music and dogs.”
As at the time of writing this article, no one knows his cause of death.